If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am not a man of rare intellect, but I am a book lover and I think it is my duty to share my list of must read books that I have read to my readers.
Book reading is a hobby to some, addiction to others and for few people, it is the life force that keeps them going.
Books help us learn things that we could have never learnt. Books help us gain experience that we could never experience. Books let us into someone else’s mind. Someone else’s thoughts and their dreams.
Great people always read books
If you have ever read biographies of great people, you will learn that almost all of them read books and often it was the books that they read made them the way they were. Their success was not entirely because of books, but books played a big part of their growing up years, shaping them and guiding them to success.
My list of must-read books
Below I have shared few books that have guided me through my bad times. They have motivated me and helped me reach a stage from where I can see the world and form my own opinions.
- You can win by Shiv Khera
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- The 7 habits of highly successful people by Stephen R. Covey
- The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- The Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Diary of a young girl by Anne Frank
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Malgudi Days by R.K. Narayan
- Train to Pakistan by Kushwant Singh
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya
- The night train at Deoli and other stories by Ruskin Bond
This is just a list of books I like, and there are hundreds of awesome books that I have read but not mentioned here. I hope in future I will update this list. And possibly I will write reviews of all the books and divide them based on their genre.
Share your favorite books in the comment section below.