Table of Contents
- How many letters are there in the Sindhi Alphabet
- Perso-Arabic/Naskh script used to write the Sindhi language
- Devanagari script used to write Sindhi language
How many letters are there in the Sindhi Alphabet
Today we are going to talk about How many letters are there in the Sindhi Alphabet. You will not only get the answer to your question about the number of letters this old language has but we will also share some fun facts about this special Indian language.
Below are a few facts about the Sindhi language and the Sindhi alphabet:
- It is spoken widely in the Indian subcontinent.
- It is spoken by the Sindhi people.
- Sindhi is one of India’s 22 official languages as mentioned in the Indian constitution.
- Sindhi is also spoken widely in Pakistan.
- It is the official language of the Pakistani state Sindh.
- People use two different scripts to write Sindhi.
- The Perso-Arabic script is one of the scripts that is used to write it.
- Devanagari script is also one of the writing system scripts that is used to write it.
- It is also written in the writing system Perso-Arabic (Naskh), Devanagari, Khudabadi, Laṇḍā, Gurmukhi, Gujarati.
Perso-Arabic/Naskh script used to write the Sindhi language
Sindhi is a very old language and it is been written using different language scripts. In Pakistan, the people speak and write using the Perso-Arabic script that looks much like Urdu.
The Perso-Arabic/Urdu script used to write Sindhi is written from the Right-hand side to the left-hand side, unlike many other languages such as English and Hindi.
Sindhi Alphabet Letters with Perso-Arabic/Naskh script
ا ب ٻ ڀ پ ت ٿ ٽ ٺ ث ج ڄ جھ ڃ چ
ڇ ح خ د ڌ ڏ ڊ ڍ ذ ر ڙ ز س ش ص ض ط
ظ ع غ ف ڦ ق ڪ ک گ ڳ گھ ڱ ل م ن
ڻ و ھ ء ي
Devanagari script used to write Sindhi language
The Devanagari script much similar to what people use today to write Hindi and other languages is also used to write Sindhi is written from the Left-hand side to the Right-hand side.
Sindhi Alphabet Letters with Devanagari script
- अ आ इ ई उ ऊ ए ऐ ओ औ
- क ख ख़ ग ॻ ग़ घ ङ
- च छ ज ॼ ज़ झ ञ
- ट ठ ड ॾ ड़ ढ ढ़ ण
- त थ द ध न
- प फ फ़ ब ॿ भ म
- य र ल व
- श ष स ह
Conclusion about How many letters are there in the Sindhi Alphabet
In conclusion; it is an old language that has been spoken for hundreds of years. Over the centuries the script and the alphabets used to write this language have changed.
Today, however, we use two scripts and we have mentioned all the scripts used to write this ancient language.