Table of Contents
How many letters are there in the Dogri Alphabet
The Dogri language is one of India’s 22 official languages and in this article, we are going to write about How many letters are there in the Dogri Alphabet.
The Dogri language is spoken in the state of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu, and Kashmir. Dogri language is spoken by more than 5 million people in and around India.
Below are a few facts about the Dogri language and the Dogri alphabet:
- Dogri is an Indian Language.
- Dogri language is spoken by 5 million people in India.
- Dogri is widely spoken in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Jammu and Kashmir.
- The speakers of Dogri are called as Dogras and the region where most Dogri speaking people live is called as Duggar.
- Dogri language is one of India’s 22 scheduled/official languages.
- Dogri language is written in 2 different scripts.
- Dogri language is written in Devanagari script which is also used to write Hindi.
- Dogri language also uses Nasta’liq script that looks like Arabic/Urdu.
Letters in the Dogri Alphabet
The Dogri language has 48 characters in total. There are 36 consonants and 12 vowels in the Dogri alphabet/script.
Dogri language written using Devanagari script
- अ आ इ ई उ ऊ ऋ ए ऐ ओ औ
- क ख ग घ ङ
- च छ ज झ ञ
- ट ठ ड ढ ण
- त थ द ध न
- प फ ब भ म
- य र ल व
- श ष स ह क्ष
Dogri language also written using the Nasta’līq/Persian/Arabic/Urdu script
ا ب پ ت ٹ ث ج چ ح خ د ڈ ذ ر ڑ ز ژ س ش ص ض ط ظ ع غ ف ق ک گ ل م ن و ہ ھ ء ی ے
Conclusion about the letters in the Dogri alphabet
So, this article was about answering the question of how many letters are there in the Dogri alphabet. I hope you have found your answer about it.